Friday, October 9, 2015

Plated...again

I ordered Plated for the week! As you may recall, I have done this a few times in the past with Plated and Blue Apron. It is a meal subscription service where you order "plates" and you receive all ingredients to make each dish. The best part is that it is the exact amount of each ingredient so there is no waste and less dishes/utensils used in the kitchen. Also, you don't have to plan dinners! You receive all of the ingredients in a refrigerated box along with recipe cards.


The first meal was Cheesy Quinoa-Stuffed Poblanos with Creamy Tomato Sauce. The quinoa was cooked and then stuffed into small Poblano peppers. A tomato puree was warmed with garlic and cream for the sauce. They topped with the sauce and cheese and baked. On the side was sauteed black beans and spinach. Yum.

Tonight was Apple Cider Porkchops with Butternut Squash Polenta. The recipe was for 2 servings but it made a butt-load of polenta. I also wish there was more squash that was added to the polenta but you could taste a touch of sweetness. The porkchops were cooked and then a pan sauce was created with shallots and apple cider.


The meat was literally swimming in a pool of polenta. I don't hate it. 

Super exciting news, I got a new camera! 

Usually I use my iPhone for my pictures and have a basic digital camera but wanted something a step up. I bought a Nikon D3200 big girl camera. I took a couple of pictures tonight while my husband and I were practicing cocktail recipes. I swear, that's a real thing.


I bought that amazing glass at an antique store. I love how vintage-y it looks with the drink recipes on it.



Until next time, friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment