Monday, July 27, 2015

Babbo and Hash

This blog post title probably means absolutely nothing to you, right? I promise it will in like, 2 minutes

Last night, my parents, husband, and I went to Mario Batali's new restaurant in the Seaport area of Boston. It is called Babbo Pizzeria and they serve all kinds of Italian-inspired food like pasta, pizza, etc. The entrees are not huge so you are able to pick from different parts of the menu to make yourself a meal. You could do it more small plates style or like we did, pick a couple of appetizers then have a pasta dish for an entree. 

We started off with some drinks (obviously) and I had an Aperol Spritz with Prosecco, Aperol, and orange. I just learned about this classic recently and it is a refreshing summer cocktail that isn't heavy.

Now, onto the food.


They gave us these crunch breadsticks in a package.

But for the appetizer, we split a Prosciutto and Arugula pizza


And Gnocco Fritto with Pancetta


I think the Gnocco Fritto was gnocchi dough right before it is chopped up and the rolls of dough are fried whole instead. It tasted like fried dough (or funnel cake? We New England-ahs say fried dough) without the sweetness according to my dad, almost Italian-aficianado. 


Um my main meal had TRUFFLES all over it. Umbrian truffles at that (Perugia, Umbria was where I studied abroad for a semester in college)! I also managed to pick the most expensive dish of the night, whoops. #noregrets. It was so creamy and truffle-y. Heaven!

We had to get dessert in honor of my mother's birthday.

I missed her actually blowing out the candles so she had to do an
instant replay, with no flame
I ended up with the Black & White which was milk chocolate chip gelato, creme fraiche gelato, hazelnut croccante, chocolate, and caramel crema. It was the perfect size, not huge.


I would definitely go back and try more dishes at Babbo! The pizza was amazing so I would love more of that. I also won't choose an expensive truffle dish next time.

Tonight I went more simple/healthy after last night's Babbo bash. I also got to use up some leftovers in my fridge/pantry.

I created a "Two Potato Hash" using a Yukon Gold potato and a sweet potato. I first cooked up some chorizo and put it aside. I sauteed garlic and onion and then added in previously cooked and chopped potatoes. I added the chorizo back in and put eggs on top. I meant to add in spinach too but who needs greens, right?

On the side, I made the Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad from Skinnytaste. This tasted like a very limey ceviche which was amazing and refreshing. I <3 leftovers for lunch.


I put the salad in the empty avocado shell. I'm so fancy.


This week I ordered Blue Apron!! It will come on Wednesday so fun stuff to come. 

Also, do you get the title now?










No comments:

Post a Comment