Monday, August 3, 2015

#Datenight

My husband and I received a gift card for a restaurant called the Barker Tavern in Scituate as a wedding gift. Since the winter was horrendous, we were finally able to put the gift card to good use.

I'm so glad we waited! It was a gorgeous summer night so we walked from the Barker Tavern after parking to Scituate Harbor. There wasn't a ton to see but it was beautiful.


We were still early for our reservation so we sat at the bar at the restaurant. The bartender was awesome! I had no idea what he wanted so he mixed me up a Scarlett O'Hara which was cranberry juice, lime juice, and Southern Comfort. My husband also took a gamble and ended up with a Tom Collins remix with lemon juice, gin, soda water, and a red juice (that we can't remember, oops).

We sat down at our table in the tavern part of the house. The tavern is a 17th century house and you can tell as it is slightly a maze in getting around and there are staircases, hallways, and fireplaces everywhere. The cuisine is classic New England with some twists.

For an appetizer, we split the Mezze Platter which was hummus, tsatsiki, and baba ganoush dips with pita chips.


For my second drink, I ordered a Pimm's Cup which I've never had before. It was delicious.


We ordered salads. Tim got a Caesar Salad and I got the Pressed Baby Arugula Salad with arugula, candied walnuts, and strawberries with a shallot vinaigrette and balsamic glaze. Really good.


For the entree, I ordered Charcrusted Beef Tournedoes (small cuts of beef) with a roasted shallot bordelaise and whipped sweet potatoes and green beans wrapped in bacon. The beef was so tender and soft.


Tim got a Seafood Casserole, one of their signature dishes. It was lobster, scallops, and shrimp with a Ritz Cracker and butter stuffing. The chunks of seafood were huge which is not always what you get in this kind of dish. I love the cute little shell plate. He also got sauteed spinach and twice-baked potatoes on the side which were both delicious.


We split a Key Lime Pie with a raspberry glaze for dessert.


Everything was great and the service was en pointe. We would totally go back in a heartbeat to celebrate a special occasion or #datenight.










No comments:

Post a Comment