Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Go Fig

I am going to take a break in between Chicago posts to talk about reality. Because there has been some good eats on the homefront.

On Sunday night, Tim and I went over to my parents' house for some grilled pizzas! Complete with homemade dough. 


My dad shaped the crusts. The pizzas cook pretty quickly on the grill so you have to prepare all ingredients in advance and have them ready to go. 


You brush one side with olive oil, put it down, let it cook for about 3 minutes or so with the cover closed. Then you flip the pizza, throw on the sauce and toppings, then close the lid again. Each pizza takes less than 10 minutes to cook.


Our toppings consisted of pepperoni, linguica, eggplant, and mushrooms


So good.


I also just have to share this gorgeous side dish I made last night that you probably saw on Instagram. 


It is a Yottam Ottolenghi recipe from the Jerusalem cookbook. I changed it up a little bit based on the ingredients I had on hand. Instead of reducing balsamic vinegar, I used pomegranate molasses. Instead of goat cheese, I used feta. 

PSA - Get fresh figs while you can!! They only come out for a short period of time in the spring and then again in late summer. A.k.a. now. ROAST THEM. EAT THEM RAW. 





No comments:

Post a Comment