Monday, May 4, 2015

Blu

On Sunday, I went with my family down to my sister Rachel's wedding venue in Warwick, Rhode Island (Harbor Lights). It was nice to see it on a sunny day as the last time we went, it was cold and rainy. My father had yet to view the venue so it was a good chance for him to see it.


Gorgeous, right? The ceremony is going to take place right in front of the marina, just to the left of this picture. 

After the tour of the venue, we headed to BLU On The Water in East Greenwich, RI. It was the perfect day for eating at a restaurant on the water. Although we did not eat outside. But the option was there.

Three of us started off with Strawberry Basil Sangrias. Very refreshing. 

Props to my mom for taking this picture

Next, all 7 of us split an order of pillowy, round Clam Cakes (near) and Calamari (far).


My entree was a Watermelon Arugula salad with feta and a cranberry-citrus vinaigrette. It was BOMB. Definitely keep an eye out for a recreation here on Onion Tears. It was a combination of sweet, salty, and peppery. My mother and I also split an order of Truffle Parmesan Fries. 


I just have to show a picture of my sister Emily's order which was Scallops and Applewood Bacon. On a bacon STEAK. 


You can see the steak under the scallops. 

After that, I hung out with my parents for a bit (playing badminton with my mom. Well, we just hit the birdie back and forth in the driveway until one of us drops it) then headed home. The husband was with the guys for the night watching "the fight."

Yesterday, we had brunch in Boston so more to come about that.




No comments:

Post a Comment