Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pepper Tears

Yes, this blog is called Onion Tears. 

I was chopping up jalapenos and my life became Pepper Tears. I usually wear gloves when cutting jalapenos but for some reason I thought I was superwoman and didn't need them. Then I thought it would a brilliant idea to take out my contacts when the below soup was simmering. 

That burned. 

So anyways, as I mentioned in a previous post, this week was brought to you by the letter O as in Oh She Glows. Last night's dinner was a Soul-Soothing African Peanut Stew right out of the cookbook (I wrote Soul as Sole originally. No sneaker stew here).


It was a nice, warm, and hearty soup for a cold winter's day. But healthy too. It made a large batch that serves 6.


It's a great way to get a lot of veggies in and it has a touch of peanut butter and spice. I added the juice from a half a lime to brighten it a bit at the end


Minus the pepper tears, it was an awesome stew



No comments:

Post a Comment