Sunday, February 22, 2015

Nutella on my Scarf

What are the pros and cons of having your birthday in the middle of the week (this past Wednesday, the 18th)?
Cons: 
  • Your birthday is in the middle of the week
  • The next morning is a workday
  • There's still a large chunk of the week left
  • The week is extra long with the Monday holiday (that's my theory anyways)
Pros:
  • You can celebrate all week
  • You can have celebrations on both weekends straddling the actual birthday
  • You have an excuse to constantly eat food because hey, it's your birthday
As per the last bullet, there have been lots of opportunities to eat. Figures that I start a food blog about my cooking when I've been going out to eat all week. But that's ok because ultimately, this is a food blog.
Today started off with a visit to one of my favorite restaurants, The Plate in Milton for breakfast. My husband had the full day off from work (a rarity) so we obviously had to go here. A lot of Saturdays and Sundays I do tend to cook breakfast but I have like 1 egg left so that was not possible





So what did we order? Tim got an egg sandwich with a HOMEMADE english muffin, fried egg, fresh tomato, arugula, cheese, and aioli. Really fresh





I got something that they only serve on the weekends, a Nutella and bacon sandwich on brioche french toast. Yup.


Their Cinnamon-Sugar Chubs are also a must have when you go. They are baked donut holes that are rolled in butter, cinnamon, and sugar. Here's the Chub close-up:


As a side note, did you know the owner of Nutella, Michele Ferrero, passed away? Sad, sad day. As another side note, the Nutella in Italy/Europe is much better than the American Nutella. As a third side note, I got Nutella on my scarf.



No comments:

Post a Comment