Sunday, April 12, 2015

Weekend Eats

Hello my friends, I hope you had a great weekend. This weekend was full of food and no 3-mile (struggle) run could negate it this morning. 

Yesterday, my husband's work schedule changed so he ended up being around at night. We decided to go out to eat so I utilized my handy-dandy "Restaurants I Want to Visit" list to figure out where to go. I really have a running list, I'm that cool. We landed on Sinclair in Harvard Square. 


Sinclair has a old school feel but modern at the same time. They have both American-style entrees and small plates so we decided on the small plates route. You get to try more things that way!


I had a Hemingway Daiquiri with rum, maraschino liquor, grapefruit, lime, and orange bitters (right). My husband enjoyed a Smoking the Hive with bourbon, mezcal, whiskey, smoked honey, and smoked sea salt (left). It was both smoky and sweet, very unique. Then came the onslaught of amazing small plates:

Duck Tacos

Deviled Eggs with Habanero and Bacon

Squash Fritters with Truffle Mayo and Chile Oil

Poutine with a Poached Egg and Pepper Gravy

All were great. We then decided we just HAD to get two desserts:

Banana Cream Pie in a MASON JAR

Brioche Donut Holes with Berry Jam and Caramel (basically fried dough bites)

After this meal, we decided to venture about a mile off of Harvard Square to a bar called the People's Republik which was said to pay homage to the Russian Communist era. I know most of you are probably like, um why? But on our trip to Toronto in 2013, we went to this awesome vodka bar in the city that had all of this really cool Russian Communist paraphernalia. It was also a very upscale bar. This place was not. It had plenty of interesting Russian decorations and such but it was definitely a dive bar. We got subpar Moscow Mules (not even in the copper mug. Like, really.). Then we went to Plough and Stars just down the street to have a couple of beers. We always think we are Guy Fieri in Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives and then fail. But A for effort, we at least try.

Sunday was so warm and beautiful! After our 3 mile run, the husband and I went to The Plate for breakfast. This time I opted for their yogurt with homemade jam and granola. 


Tim got their basic (but amazing) breakfast sandwich

He should be a hand model, right? Also, don't mind our absurd alcohol collection in the background

Then we each got a piece of banana walnut bread


The day was spent at Tim's grandparents' 60th anniversary party. Sixty years, isn't that amazing? After that, we decided to go to Wollaston Beach as it was still nice out and only about 5:00pm


The night ended with pizza laziness and this beer


Up this week is a cooking class with two of my dear friends, Cait and Ashley (of the Moscow Mule persuasion) which I am super excited about!





No comments:

Post a Comment