Sunday, March 15, 2015

Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites

Sorry for lack of posting, guys. It has been a bit on the quiet front in terms of food. A.K.A. boring. I've also been working on a logo for myself. I'm too cheap to buy the Adobe suite at this moment so I downloaded Inkscape for the Mac which is a vector drawing application (and free!). I have zero experience in this realm but have always been fascinated by graphic design. So I am trying to teach myself how to use this program and make a logo for this blog

Friday night, my friend Ashley cooked an awesome meal with a recipe from her mother. It was fish with potatoes, peppers, onions, and amazingness. She said there is no real recipe so I will have to get her notes on it. As a side note, I really am terrible at food blogging, I forgot to take pictures of the delicious fish! 

We weren't able to celebrate my other friend Cait's birthday on her actual birthday last week so we surprised her with cupcakes and candles because we knew how much she'd hate/love it.


Isn't she so cute?! After some Moscow Mules and wine, we called it a night as we would be seeing each other the next night.

Yesterday was a rainy Saturday which was perfect for cooking projects. I fueled myself with coffee from my french press


It is a lot of work as I take whole coffee beans, grind them, heat up the water, then press them for coffee. This is not a weekday thing for me so I do it on weekends (weekdays mean Keurig). I then frothed some milk and made my own latte


Also, this is what you do with a french press. Haha.

timmelideo on Etsy

For a party I am attended last night, I made Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites with Nutella Dipping Sauce. I have made pretzel bites in the past. They come out pretty close to the real thing but not quite browned enough. But they tasted good. 


As we know, flour and I are not a good mix. 

Anyways I knew I messed up a bit on the pretzels because I didn't have quite enough yeast and I don't think I kneaded the dough long enough. I also had to add extra flour because the dough was really sticky. 


But they did manage to come out ok (and taste really good). Here's a shot prior to being tossed in butter, cinnamon, and sugar:


Anything rolled in butter, sugar, and cinnamon automatically means deliciousness.


Also, I made a Nutella Cream Cheese dip to go with the pretzel bites. 


Seriously, what more could you want in life?












No comments:

Post a Comment