Wednesday, June 3, 2015

One Hot Eda-mama

Plated day two!

I had picked this as one of the meals because I was intrigued by it as a choice on the Plated website. It was nothing like I had eaten before. 

This meal was Okonomiyaki with Chinese Long Beans, Edamame*, and Sriracha Aioli. Upon some research, an okonomiyaki is a Japanese savory pancake that can be filled with and/or topped with any variety of ingredients. This particular one had a pancake batter (eggs, flour, baking powder) with the addition of cabbage, Chinese long beans, and edamame stirred right in.


Chinese long beans are legit LONG. 

This dish was very easy to prepare as it was just stirring batter together, adding the ingredients, then cooking it for a few minutes like a giant pancake.


I made the Sriarcha Aioli to put on top and also garnished with scallions and toasted sesame seeds.


It was way more filling than we thought it would be. I mean, the pancake was almost the size of my face. It tasted as if it were sushi (almost). I would love to try an authentic okonomiyaki in a Japanese restaurant. I mean, maybe this was authentic but an American made it.


*I give full credit to my husband for the title of this post. I hope you get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment